Work as a team with participants from all over the world, discover Australia and take part in exciting conservation projects to protect, preserve and restore our unique and beautiful environment.
The Conservation Experience will help you
- Internationalise your resume
- Gain practical conservation skills
- Earn references and certificates
- Make a volunteer contribution
- Discover rural Australia
- Have fun!
This is a full-time program. Conservation Volunteers will organise your conservation activities, training, transfer to and from the projects locations and provide food and accommodation. You will start after the end of your English course and be allocated to groups of up to 10 volunteers from around the world every week, working on various projects in differing project locations every week.
You need to choose:
- Your start date
- Your program length (in weeks)
- Your starting point
Conservation Activities may include
- Tree planting
- Walking trail construction
- Wildlife surveys
- Seed collection
- Protection and restoration of native plant habitats
- Conservation fencing
- Heritage restoration
This is a very cost-effective opportunity to visit places tourists don’t normally see, including remote areas and learn about conservation issues in Australia.
Requirements and Conditions
- Pre-intermediate level of English
- Be aged 18 to 70 and have a reasonable level of fitness. Any pre-existing injuries, allergies or medical conditions must be declared at the time of booking.