Cambridge English exams are the world’s leading range of certificates for learners of English. Each year they are taken by over 1.75 million people, in 135 countries and are recognised by universities and employers throughout the world.
Why Cambridge Exam Preparation?
- Get an internationally recognised certificate from Cambridge university
- Excellent examination results for ELC students
- Very experienced Cambridge teachers - all of our teachers have completed our ELC Cambridge Teacher Development Program
- ELC is an approved Cambridge ESOL computer-based testing centre
- 9,10 or 12 weeks (depending on exam and start date)
Day (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE) and evening courses (PET, FCE,CAE)
- Refer to our program dates
- Maximum 15 (average 13)
ELC’s Cambridge Exam Preparation courses will enable you to make progress in your all-round English ability while developing skills and techniques for exam success.The courses are closed which means all students start and finish their course at the same time as well as take the test on the same day. Because of this, our students have a high level of motivation and focus and work together as a team. To help achieve this we also organise our Cambridge Getaway and social events.
Approved Cambridge test centre
ELC is an approved Cambridge ESOL Computer-Based Test centre so you will get take your final test at the school so you will be in familiar, comfortable surroundings.
- Preliminary English Test (PET)
- First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
Preliminary English Test (PET)
PET is an intermediate level examination. It indicates that you have practical skills for everyday communication in English. It also shows that you can read simple textbooks and articles in English, write letters and emails on familiar subjects and take meeting notes. For many students it is the logical first step towards other Cambridge examinations such as FCE.
First Certificate in English (FCE)
FCE is an upper intermediate level examination. It indicates that your level of English is sufficient for practical use in clerical, secretarial and managerial jobs in many industries. You can communicate effectively in most social and travel and some work situations. You can use all basic grammatical structures and some more complex. Your range of vocabulary is sufficient to express yourself clearly.
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
CAE is an advanced level examination. It recognises the ability to communicate with confidence in English in most everyday situations, including work and academic contexts. You can communicate fluently in social, travel and work situations. You have good operational command of English using an extensive range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures effectively.
Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
CPE is a very advanced level examination. It recognises the ability to communicate with confidence in English in most everyday situations, including work and academic contexts. You can communicate fluently in social, travel and work situations. You have good operational command of English using an extensive range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures effectively.
Our most popular course combines an exam preparation morning class with Cambridge-specific Special Focus Modules, English Extras and activities.
Special Focus Modules
|9.00-10.30am||Weekly progress tests||Vocabulary & speaking||Listening & speaking||Vocabulary & speaking||Listening & speaking|
|11.00-12.30am||Natural English & extended speaking||Grammar||Reading & vocabulary||Writing skills||Grammar|
|1.30-2.30pm||Special Focus Module||Special Focus Module||Special Focus Module||Special Focus Module||Special Focus Module|
|2.45-3.45pm||English Extras Cambridge speaking||English Extras Cambridge listening||English Extras Excursion||English Extras Exam Practice||English Extras Global affairs|
This combines an exam preparation class with Cambridge-specific Special Focus Modules.
Special Focus Modules
|3.15-4.15pm||Free English Extra Class|
|5.00-7.00pm||Weekly progress tests||Grammar||Special Focus Module||Writing skills||Listening|
|7.20-8.20pm||Natural English & extended speaking||Listening & speaking||Special Focus Module||Vocabulary||Grammar|
|8.20-9.20pm||Vocabulary & speaking||Reading||Special Focus Module||Speaking||Speaking|
Cambridge Special Focus Modules
These classes teach and practise the skills needed to do well in the exam.
- Cambridge Speaking and Listening
- Cambridge Writing Skills
- Cambridge Grammar and Vocabulary
- Cambridge Testbuster – intensive exam practice and tips
- Remedial Cambridge – extra support for students who have not done as well as expected in their mock exams
Day course students can also choose from our Cambridge-orientated English Extras including Cambridge Speaking Extra and our free exam-skills clinics.
- Personalised study plan and regular tutorials
- Cambridge coursebook
- Online and paper-based exam practice
- Regular progress tests and 2 mock exams
- Additional support if you need it
- Social activities program includes welcome drinks, Cambridge picnic and graduation party as well as the chance to join excursions every Wednesday afternoon.
- Free Cambridge day out: Join your teacher and classmates for a full day excursion included in your course fees.